Holistic vets have been sending us some interesting reports about the benefits of CBD oil for dogs in their care …
A senior Staffordshire Terrier had a 6cm mammary tumor and metastasis that disappeared in 3 months and didn’t come back …
A Jack Russell Terrier had a severe heart murmur and painful arthritis and, after a month, he wanted to go for long walks and his murmur was much improved …
These are two examples of how Australian veterinarian Edward Bassingthwaighte discovered how CBD oil could be a critical part of his holistic veterinary practice. “I simply can’t explain the improved heart murmur” says Bassingthwaite. “They normally don’t get better.”
CBD Oil For Dogs: What You Might Not Know
The results seem to be in … researchers are turning their attention to this herb and, so far, they’re finding there’s lots to like. And just as CBD has helped humans, your dog can reap the same health-boosting (and even life-saving) benefits.
Let’s look at the 10 things you might not know about this often misunderstood herb and the research that shows its promise in helping dogs with a variety of common health issues …
1. CBD Is Not Psychoactive
2. CBD Oil Reduces Anxiety
3. CBD Can Fights Cancer
4. CBD Can Treat Seizures And Epilepsy
5. CBD Relieves Pain
6. CBD Can Help With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
7. CBD Reduces Chronic Inflammation And Autoimmune Disease
8. CBD Can Protect The Nervous System And Help With Neurodegenerative Diseases
9. CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea
10. CBD Promotes Cardiovascular Health
Bonus: CBD Oil For Dogs Is Legal And Safe
With so many studies showing the health benefits of CBD, the most encouraging result is that CBD appears to be safe, even when taken in high doses and over extended periods of time. It can decrease the activity of liver enzymes used to metabolize many prescription drugs, so if your dog is on medication, you might want to check with your holistic vet before using CBD.
Most CBD oil for dogs and other pets is derived from hemp oil, so it contains no or very small traces of THC. Because of this, all 50 states have approved the use of hemp-based CBD for human and animal products.
The bottom line is, CBD oil could be a healthy (or even life-saving) herb for your dog. More and more pet owners and holistic vets are drawn to its diverse and marked health benefits and they feel good knowing the side effects are mild and animals don’t appear to build up a tolerance.
Choosing A Good CBD Oil For Your Dog
Not all CBD oils are the same … you’ll want a high quality CBD oil that works, so here are a few things to look for:
- Make sure the product is organic: If it isn’t organic, your CBD oil contains pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
- Don’t cheap out: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. Don’t price shop … make sure your CBD oil is free of additives and has a good amount of CBD.
- Get the analysis: Ask for a lab analysis of the amount of CBD in the product. Many CBD oils contain only small amounts of CBD. The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
- Buy CBD as a tincture: You can buy CBD in treats but the best form is in a tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop to make sure he gets the most benefit.
Start your dog off slowly but don’t let the naysayers tell you CBD isn’t a good option for your dog … the research is being done and the results are very promising.